Service Coordination is a key responsibility of the Licking County Board of Developmental Disabilities (LCBDD). Service Coordinators help individuals and their families plan for the future, establish outcomes, find and evaluate available service options and connect with community resources.
Our Service Coordinators:
- Discover what is needed by the person and their family
- Develop a person-centered plan with the active participation of the person being served and others who are important to the person with developmental disabilities.
- Assist people with developmental disabilities in making connections with community resources
- Make appropriate referrals to resources when needed
- Ensure the services are effectively coordinated
- Listen and learn from individuals and providers to track the progress of outcomes for the person being supported
- As the persons life changes, amend the support plan
Ages and Stages
At LCBDD, our service coordinators are grouped based on the three different stages of life experienced by the people we support. Our goal is to reduce the number of times a person has to change to a new service coordinator. This structure also allows service coordinators to become very knowledgeable about a certain age range and provide the most useful information.
Early Childhood Team
Our Early Childhood Team supports children from birth until they turn 13. Several service coordinators on the team are certified to work with families of children birth to age 3, who receive Early Intervention services.
Transition Youth Team
Transition Youth Service Coordinators support people from age 13 to 24. When an individual turns 14, an LCBDD Employment Specialist joins the team to help the person plan for their vocational future
Service coordinators on the Adult Team support people ages 25 and older, continuing to support their goals and outcomes throughout their lives.
Person Centered Planning
Regardless of age, our service coordinators work to get to know each person, discovering not only what is important for that person, but also what is important to them.
Funding for Service Coordination
Service Coordination services are provided by the Licking County Board of Developmental Disabilities. They are funded through local property tax levies and federal Medicaid revenue.
Your service coordinator is a great point of contact should you or your family need assistance or have questions. Contact our Service Coordination office at 740-349-1420. You may also contact Abby Spear, Director of Service Coordination.