Please be aware: The Licking County Board of Developmental Disabilities does NOT provide housing. We work to coordinate residential options for people with developmental disabilities in Licking County.
We believe every person with a disability has the right to safe, desirable housing. But the first step to finding it is to understand your needs, options when it comes to places you might live and the responsibilities that go along with each possibility.
LCBDD will not tell you what to do. But the county board is here to help you, as you work with your support network to find the best fit.
Our goal is to share information about as many housing options as possible so our entire community has access to a variety of living situations.
We work closely with some of our community’s housing corporations, such as the Licking County Coalition For Housing, Center for Disability Services, and Summit Housing. We also help to coordinate home modifications as needed.
Housing options for people with developmental disabilities have changed a lot over the years and there are still some misconceptions out there. Click here to learn about some of these common misconceptions.
-Live with family, friends or a significant other
-Live with a roommate or several roommates
You will be able to access services and supports with any of these options.
- Learning about waivers is an important step in this process. Click here to go to our waivers page and learn more.
- Licensed homes are another option. Click here to learn more.
- Intermediate care facilities (ICFs) provide another housing option. For more information on ICFS click here.
- Additional information on ICFS can be found using the DODD Online ICF Search Tool: https://dodd.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/dodd/your-family/community-living/icf_search_map and this DODD Electronic ICF Informational Booklet: https://dodd.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/dodd/forms-and-rules/forms/pamphlet-options-counseling.
Now that you’ve decided where you want to live:
- Click more for some suggestions about how to get ready for a move.
- Are you ready to change your provider? Click here for resources.
- Want to know more about your legal rights? Click here for more information about Fair Housing Laws.
- If your home needs to be modified to meet your needs, LCBDD might be able to help. Click here to learn more about home modifications.