6 to 13

After your child’s 6th birthday, if they are eligible for county board services, you will receive support from a Service Coordinator (SC). They will help you navigate the DD system as your child goes through their early school years.

Your SC is responsible for writing your child’s Individual Service Plan (or ISP). This document evolves as your child grows and serves as a roadmap for the services and supports they need to reach their goals.

They will also update your child’s one page profile, a helpful document that lists their likes and dislikes and information about how to support them and communicate with them. This document will be available to you, if you’d like to use it to help others get to know your child. This document will be updated as your child grows.

Click here to see an example of a One Page Profile.

Your SC can also help with:

  • FSS requests- Family Support Services (FSS) is a program to help offset the cost of services and supplies for your child. If you have a question about what it can be used for, Click here to visit our FSS page.
  •  ETR/IEP meetings. They can help you prepare, research, make you aware of your rights as a parent and connect you to resources such as parents mentors.
  • Recreational activities: depending on what your child’s interests are, such as camp, social groups and community classes.
  • Summer activities: There are several camps and recreational activities in the area, depending on your child’s interests.
  • Resources for behavioral concerns: Your service coordinator can help connect you to agencies in the community that can provide counseling and behavior management services. They can also connect you to the Licking County Children and Families First Council for further support.
  • Connecting you with Project Lifesaver: The Licking County Sheriff’s office oversees the Project Lifesaver program. This will help the Sheriff’s department find your child if they would become lost. If you think that Project Lifesaver would be a good fit for your child or if you have questions about funds to pay for this service, please contact your Service Coordinator. Click here to go to the Project Lifesaver website.
  • Connecting you with information about assistive technology. Click here to visit our assistive technology page.

We have started an e-newsletter for all families we support with children 3-12. If you do not receive the newsletter, please let your Service Coordinator know. You can also click here to find an archive of past editions.

Can my child get a waiver?

Ohio has implemented an assessment to determine waiver eligibility. Your child’s Service Coordinator can coordinate getting the assessment completed. For more information, visit our waiver page.

Can my child get Medicaid or SSI?

Medicaid and SSI are income-based programs, so not everyone will qualify. If you want to find out if your child qualifies you can apply at the Department of Job and Family Services for Medicaid and the Social Security office for Supplemental Security Income (SSI).  Your SC can assist you in the application process.

Safety Concerns

If you are concerned that a person with developmental disabilities is being abused or neglected, please contact us at 740-349-6588. If it is after regular business hours, please call 740-345-4357 (211 if local) and ask for the Licking County Board of DD on-call service coordinator.