Positions Currently Available:
A career in public service with the Licking County Board of Developmental Disabilities presents an opportunity to make a difference in the community. We currently employ 82 individuals, offering a variety of staff, managerial and professional positions. Please take a moment to review our current open positions (listed above) to see what employment opportunities are available. Qualified persons should refer to individual job postings for the application process. Please note that applications will only be accepted for current vacancies.
Licking County Government Employee Benefits
Licking County Government recognizes that healthcare insurance is important. Our healthcare plan is designed to protect employees and their families against financial hardship in the event of a serious illness or injury and to encourage employees to take an active role in their healthcare through various wellness initiatives. Contributions are payroll deducted. We offer the following:
- A medical plan with prescription benefits.
- A vision plan.
- A dental plan.
- A flexible spending account which allows employees to submit medical-related receipts and be reimbursed for out-of-pocket expenses.
- An option of employees to waive medical, dental and vision coverage with proof of coverage under another plan other than Licking County and receive a $1,000 credit per year.
- Licking County Government provides $10,000 term life insurance with an opportunity to purchase additional coverage up to a maximum limit of $300,000.
- Licking County employees receive monetary compensation by direct deposit.
- Upon completion of the first year of employment, the Board of DD offers two weeks of paid vacation time. Increases are based on the length of service.
- Ten paid holidays are provided each year. They include the following: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Day, President’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veterans’ Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
- Full- and part-time staff have the opportunity for a per-class reimbursement of qualifying educational costs.
- Licking County Government offers employees a payroll deduction for a 529 college savings plan through College Advantage Tuition Trust.
- Employees earn sick leave at the proportionate rate of 4.6 hours for each 80 hours in active pay status. Full- and part-time staff are granted three days of leave for bereavement in the event of a death of an immediate family member.
- Licking County Government has a required retirement plan and offers a supplemental plan designed to help employees save money, reduce taxes and assist employees with their retirement goals.
- Ohio Public Employees Retirement System: Public employees in the state of Ohio are required by law to participate in the Oho Public Employees Retirement System. The system provides retirement disability and other benefits and is entirely independent of the federal Social Security system. Contributions are payroll deducted. General employee contribution rate: 10 percent of earnable salary. Employer contribution rate: 14 percent basis of reportable payroll.
- Licking County Government employees are offered the opportunity to participate in two different deferred compensation programs — the Ohio Public Employees Deferred Compensation Program and the County Commissioners Association of Ohio Deferred Compensation Program. Both programs are offered through Great-West Retirement Services. They are supplemental retirement benefit plans regulated by Section 457 of the Internal Revenue Code.
Applications should be returned to Human Resources Director Louise Decker. You may submit applications electronically or mail them to: LCBDD, Attention: Louise Decker, 116 N. 22nd St., Newark, OH 43055.
The following documents must be submitted as application for employment:
The Licking County Board of Developmental Disabilities is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Board (and agencies/individuals with which it contracts) does not discriminate in employment or services. Equal opportunity is afforded to all persons regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender (including pregnancy), age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal and state law.