We enjoy getting out in the community and you’ll likely find us at a variety of community events including the Hartford Independent Fair, health fairs, career fairs and other events that allow us to talk to residents and get the word out about our services and supports.
We are also happy to provide training to a variety of age groups and organizations. Over the last few years, we’ve been fortunate to speak to a variety of groups including:
- Kiwanis and Rotary Clubs
- The Licking County Chamber of Commerce
- Local schools
- The Licking County Aging Program
- Local law enforcement agencies
- Local Scouting groups
- Licking County 4-H Camp Counselors
- Parenting classes
- Trainings organized by Licking County Job and Family Services
We have presented on a variety of topics including:
- Diversity and Inclusion
- People First Language
- What should employers know about hiring someone with a developmental disability?
- Communicating with people with disabilities
- How LCBDD works with Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities
- Communicating with those on the autism spectrum
- Housing/future planning/transportation
- Child development
- Careers in the DD field
- The Americans with Disabilities Act.
If there’s something you don’t see on this list, don’t worry, we will make it happen! Contact Anna Jeffries at 740-322-6911 or firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more or discuss scheduling.