In 2005, the Licking County Board of Developmental Disabilities received a $25,000 bequest from Martha Welsh in honor of her granddaughters, Tammy and Lori Dumbauld, who have both received LCBDD services since birth.
After carefully considering options for this generous bequest, the Board chose to establish the LCBDD Endowment Fund through the Licking County Foundation in 2006.
The fund grew each year, thanks to many generous contributions from community members, with a goal of reaching $150,000.
We are so thankful to all the people who have contributed to this fund over the years. The legacy of Martha Welsh and many others will live on through this endowment.
Now that the Endowment Fund goal of $150,000 has been achieved, the interest income will be dispersed annually to people with developmental disabilities and their families with these needs:
- Respite care or a short period of rest from care giving responsibilities;
- Adaptive equipment such as wheelchairs, walkers and communication-enhancing devices;
- Home modifications such as ramps and accessible bathrooms;
- Recreational experiences such as camps, trips and sporting events.
Ways to Give
- Donations: Outright contributions are welcome in any amount, at any time.
- Bequests: Contributions can be made through your Last Will and Testament.
- Memorials: Memorial gifts to the endowment are encouraged on the occasion of the death of a loved one, a deceased loved one’s birthday, anniversary of their death, or any time you deem appropriate. Memorials may be made at the funeral home, or mailed to: LCBDD Endowment Fund, 116 N. 22nd Street, Newark Ohio 43055.
- Life Insurance: Life insurance can be used to make gifts to the endowment either as a beneficiary or a separate policy.
All donations are tax deductible. Those who wish to give through bequests or life-insurance policies should first seek advice from qualified professionals.
Benefits of the Endowment
For the donor, a contribution to the endowment fund is a way to help others. It also is a way to honor the memory of a loved one, or support a cause that is near and dear to your heart. The LCBDD Endowment Fund values acceptance, personal dignity, opportunity and joy in lives that have meaning and purpose. Now is the time– your gift will leave a legacy and make a difference in the lives of many people in our community.
Licking County Foundation
For complete information about the Licking County Foundation, please call (740) 349-3863, or click the link to go to their website: www.thelcfoundation.org.