Component: Service Coordination
Reports To: Team Leader
Scheduled Days: Monday – Friday
Part-time, Intermittent / as needed – up to 1000 hours per year
Pay Range: $14.00 per hour
The Service Coordinator is primarily responsible for assisting people with developmental disabilities and their support team in identifying a desirable future through a person centered planning process.
- Coordinate the planning and provision of services, supports, education, and training through providers chosen by the individual and identified on the ISP.
- Serve as the single point of contact for accountability and follow-through of all services.
Ensure all services, supports, education, and training is implemented consistently with ISP.
- Utilize formal and informal mechanisms to periodically assess satisfaction of results from provided services, supports, education, and training.
- Assist individuals and their families to determine the effectiveness of services, supports, education and training. Create changes to service plans and service providers as necessary.
- Provide, arrange for, and review documentation of services, supports, education and training as required by individual’s funding sources and Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities’ rules.
- Complete timely assessments, screenings, and level care re-determinations as required by individual’s funding sources and Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities’ rules.
- Associate Degree. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Eligibility for Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities SSA Certification.
- Previous experience as Case Manager or Programmatic Management level service provider for people with developmental disabilities, or its equivalent.
- Current and valid Ohio driver’s license with acceptable driver’s abstract in order to meet criteria for insurability established the Board’s Fleet insurance carrier.
- Knowledge of local community resources, human services, law enforcement, and judicial systems.
- Ability to handle sensitive information and contact with people, families and legal guardians. Ability to negotiate and manage conflict.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. Proficient in Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to meet deadlines in accordance with established policy and procedures.
External applicants must submit a resume, cover letter and 3 professional references to Louise Decker, Director of Human Resources.
Interviews will be scheduled only for those candidates who best meet the above requirements.
POST DATE: 3/31/16 REMOVAL DATE: 4/14/16