POSITION: SERVICE COORDINATOR
SCHEDULED DAYS: Monday – Friday
PAY RANGE: $16.59- $25.96 per hour
The Service Coordinator is primarily responsible for assisting people with developmental disabilities and their support team in identifying a desirable future through a person centered planning process.
- Coordinate the provision of services, supports, education, and training through providers chosen by the individual and identified on their Individual Service Plan (ISP).
- Serve as the primary point of coordination & follow-through of all services.
- Ensure all services, supports, education, and training is implemented consistently with ISP.
- Utilize formal and informal mechanisms to periodically assess satisfaction of results from provided services, supports, education, and training.
- Assist individuals and their families to determine the effectiveness of services, supports, education and training. Create changes to service plans and service providers as necessary.
- Provide, arrange for, and review documentation of services, supports, education and training as required by person’s funding sources and DoDD rules.
- Complete timely assessments, screenings, and level care re-determinations as required by person’s funding sources and DoDD rules.
- Eligibility for Service & Support Administrator Certification. Minimum of Associate’s degree. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Previous experience as Case Manager or Programmatic Management level service provider for people with developmental disabilities, or its equivalent, preferred.
- Knowledge of local community resources, human services, law enforcement, and judicial systems preferred.
- Ability to identify and define problems, collect information and data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to handle sensitive information and manage contacts with individuals, families and legal guardians. Ability to negotiate and manage conflict.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. Proven proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.).
- Ability to meet deadlines in accordance with established policy and procedures.