(Management Contract – full time – Unclassified)
- Prepare, and/or coordinate the preparation of all printed materials (including newsletters, annual reports, brochures, etc.) representing the organization. Proof and arrange for production and distribute.
- Prepare timely news releases and ads for all local broadcast media using people-first language. Work with local media to increase knowledge of the Licking County Board of Developmental Disabilities (LCBDD) and people with developmental disabilities, spotlighting services and activities of the Board.
- Coordinate and oversee the preparation of agency videos and other visual presentations.
- Responsible for oversight of content, enhancements and updates of the LCBDD web site content and all social media pages.
- Develop and manage social media strategies including but not limited to utilization of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube.
- Track and measure the success of marketing initiatives. Develop performance strategies based on the outcomes.
- Provide regular presentations to various groups about the LCBDD and its activities.
- Design and distribute various survey forms. Collect, analyze, and report data.
- Coordinate special events and projects such as the annual DD Awareness Day, National Disability Employment Awareness Month, information fairs, staff training and recognition activities.
- Actively promote LCBDD and people with disabilities to the Licking County community by professionally representing the Board to all news media and community groups.
- Assist the Superintendent with Crisis Management.
- Act as the Board’s photographer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in public information, public relations, journalism or related communications position, preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with desktop publishing software. Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite. Proven efficiency at social media.
- Experience with website administration through WordPress.
- Proficiency with utilizing Constant Contact.
- Demonstrated experience with planning and organizing special events.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and interpersonal) for effective interaction with internal and external customers.
- Ability to work flexible hours on occasion, including evenings and weekends.
- Driving is an essential function of the position. Current and valid Ohio driver’s license with acceptable drivers abstract is required.
Salary Range: $57,000 – $83,000 annually
Please submit a letter of interest, resume, and three (3) professional references by
Wednesday, May 25, 2016, to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:
Licking County Board of DD
Attn: Human Resources Dept.
116 N. 22nd Street
Newark, Ohio 43055