PERFORMANCE DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR: Residential Providers
REPORTS TO: Manager of Provider Relations
SCHEDULE: 40 hours/full time (some flexibility in hours/days required)
PAY RANGE: $37,481.60-54,995.20 annually
SALARIED – EXEMPT
The Performance Development Coordinator position is responsible for enhancing the job and organizational performance and development of provider partners including residential providers, by meeting their initial and changing needs for relevant education, training and support around best practices. In doing so, understanding of the Licking County Board of DD’s vision, mission, and strategic plan will strengthen.
- Develop, organize, coordinate & deliver education & training to Board & Provider employed employees as directed.
- Assess employee & organization specific competencies & strengths using a variety of data generated through formal & informal survey instruments & feedback loops including national core indicator results; personal observation; records review; provider compliance surveys; unusual & major unusual incident trends & patterns.
- Identify areas of excellence for potential replication in the system. Identify gaps & areas for improvement that can be addressed through education, training, & re-orientation. Work with Provider & Board supervisory & management staff to identify methods to address the gaps.
- Locate &/or develop educational materials & activities that address these identified gaps. Coordinate & deliver using a range of mediums including face to face, podcasts, on-line/webinars, etc. Assess effectiveness & adjust as needed.
- Assist providers to align service delivery methodologies with person specific outcomes identified through discovery & the individual support planning process. Assist providers to align service delivery methodologies with expected system outcomes established by best practice, statute, rule, policy & regulation.
- Provide regular opportunities for provider & board staff/employees to be educated in person centered thinking, practices, & processes.
- Assist to coordinate residential services to include home modifications and HUD Housing Vouchers.
- Conduct First Aid & CPR classes as needed. Serve as a certified Red Cross First Aid and CPR instructor.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field such as Management Science, Curriculum Development, Training & Development, Special Education, etc.
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience in the field of Developmental Disabilities, preferred.
- Current Red Cross First Aid and CPR instructor certification. (May be obtained after employment.)
- Practical work experience in training & development.
- Knowledge of Support Considerations (behavior support).
- Training as a person-centered coach or Good Life trainer, preferred.
- Proven proficiency in computer applications i.e. Word, Excel, etc.
- Experience & skills in collaboration & partnership with formal & informal community resources.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, & interpersonal) for effective interaction with internal & external customers.
- Strong organizational & time management skills.
- Current & valid Ohio driver’s license with an acceptable driver’s abstract in order to meet criteria for insurability by the Board’s Fleet insurance carrier.
External applicants must submit a resume, cover letter and 3 professional references to Louise Decker, Director of Human Resources.
Interviews will be scheduled only for those candidates who best meet the above requirements.
POST DATE: 2/1/16 REMOVAL DATE: 2/16/16