Parent Support, Prenatal to Age 3


The Licking County Board of Developmental Disabilities is Licking County’s Central Coordination site for two voluntary programs available to children up to age three and their families.

Early Intervention provides family-centered services for infants and toddlers to age three with a developmental delay, disability or a medical condition likely to result in a delay. If you have questions about your child’s development, we will arrange for your child to be assessed and/or evaluated in your home to determine eligibility and need for services. There is no charge to you for the evaluation/ assessment or ongoing services provided by our Board if needed. Early Intervention is provided by the Licking County Board of Developmental Disabilities. Early Intervention Services in Licking County are funded primarily by the Licking County Board of Developmental Disabilities local tax levies. Click here to learn specifics about how services are provided.

To learn more about Early Intervention in Ohio, visit

Help Me Grow is a support program for pregnant women or new parents that promotes healthy growth and development for babies and young children. Home visitors can provide reliable information about topics that matter to you – whether it’s how to soothe your crying baby, how to manage sleep or how to deal with the stresses of parenting. Home visitors empower you with the skills, tools and confidence to make your own decisions about what’s best for you and your baby. Help Me Grow Home Visiting is provided at no cost to your family. In Licking County, Help Me Grow is provided by two agencies: Parent Education Center of Pathways of Central Ohio and REACH for Tomorrow. Click here for more information on Ohio Help Me Grow.


Making a Referral

Anyone can make a referral to Licking County’s Central Coordination site. You will need the child’s name, date of birth, address; parent’s name and contact information. To make a referral, please call 740-349-6588. You can also email or fax the information to Barb Wheeler (Fax: 740-349-1426).